The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Political Correctness Run Amok

Commentator Mark Steyn talks about Political Correctness down under, and I don't mean at the Outback Steak House.  Putting it in a nutshell, Mr Steyn asks"
What core liberties are you willing to trade for a quiet life?
.
Regards  —  Cliff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he who stands for nothing will fall for (and be victimized) by anything. I am offended by so many people being offended. It has become a human right that is exercised in a split second over a myriad of provocations real and imagined.

The PC police would like me to accommodate those who feel that they need "more" which is little more than a euphemism for me giving up liberty so that some other self absorbed putz can have more.

Fuggetaboutit!!

Your freedom ends where my freedom is reduced. I say this particularly to those who insist that it is their right to puff away on a cigarette in public places. Well...I have a right to breathe smokeless air.

Jack Mitchell said...

I agree with the comment above. Though I extend the pollution free zone to corporations.

SCOTUS says they are people, too.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" - proverb