The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Best Explanation to Date


For John, BLUFI think Charles Krauthammer has it, Director Comey didn't want to change the course of history on his own.  He is leaving it to the voters.  Nothing to see here; just move along.



Yesterdays edition of The Washington Post, an OpEd by Dr Charles Krauthammer.

After reviewing the story, Dr Krauthammer sums up his views:

Prosecuting under current circumstances would have upended and redirected an already year-long presidential selection process.  In my view, Comey didn’t want to be remembered as the man who irreversibly altered the course of American political history.

And with no guarantee that the prosecution would succeed, moreover.  Imagine that scenario:  You knock out of the race the most likely next president – and she ultimately gets acquitted!  Imagine how Comey goes down in history under those circumstances.

I admit I’m giving Comey the benefit of the doubt.  But the best way I can reconcile his reputation for integrity with the grating illogic of his Clinton decision is by presuming that he didn’t want to make history.

I don’t endorse his decision.  (Nor did I Roberts’.)  But I think I understand it.

Maybe Director Comey glanced South, to Brazil and decided he didn't wish to be a part of a similar unwinding of the political process in the United States.

Makes sense.

But, that means it is up to us voters, in November.

Hat tip to the Fortuna's Corner.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: