The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cardinal Sean Does Jury Duty

Our local Ordinary got called out for Jury duty.  He blogs about it here.

His post starts:
On Wednesday, for the second time since being named archbishop, I was called for jury duty.

I reported with my fellow prospective jurors and we first listened to a presentation given by one of the judges to prepare us for jury, and then there was a video presentation.

I was not chosen to sit on a jury.  I guess they didn’t need me!
As the Cardinal notes, it is a civic duty and a very important one.  Sometimes just showing up is enough to encourage someone to cut a plea deal or the parties in a civil action to agree to a settlement.

Regards  —  Cliff

  The Blog is not linking friendly, but the post is about half way down.

No comments: