The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Light Fixtures

When I arrived in Lowell some fifteen years ago this month I began an odyssey of replacing light bulb sockets.  These were light sockets in lamps that had traveled with us over much of the world, with both 110 and 220 volt power, alternating, so to speak. 

In the beginning I put it down to old age.  While I had replaced a few sockets over the years, perhaps now they were all worn out. Then it became an epidemic and I wondered what was wrong with either (a) power in the Northeast or (b) the quality of the products being sold at Home Depot.

Today I went to McKittrick Industrial Supply, on Fletcher Street.  I figured that if anyone had high quality parts, it would be McKittrick.  The gentleman who waited on me said that the problem was across America.  Apparently I arrived in Lowell at about the time American industry gave up and the market went to Mexico and China, per the sales clerk.  We both agreed it was a bad thing.

So, instead of thinking that the problem was like Obama Health Care, where the old folks are just going to have to crawl out onto the ice, it is more like the A(H1N1) Flu Pandemic we are now experiencing.

I believe, deep in my heart, that I would be willing to pay more for better quality.  Apparently those wholesaling lighting fixtures don't believe that.

I hope things change back to the way they were, but in the mean time, I have a couple of light fixtures to fix.

Regards  —  Cliff

  Germany, England, Italy, Philippines, as well as Florida, Alaska, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
  Note that the link is to the Day by Daycartoon, which can be a little edgy.

No comments: