The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's In The Genes

Living in California, I want to hate the guy, but he has these moments of clarity. He doesn't seem to think that government operates for his benefit alone.  I disagree with his alignment with some traditional Democrat values, but I think he has his own kind of integrity.
So writes a Commenter on an Althouse blog post on Governor Jerry Brown's comment on the idea of a law mandating helmets for children skiing.  In vetoing such a helmet law the once and current Governor said:
While I appreciate the value of wearing a ski helmet, I am concerned about the continuing and seemingly inexorable transfer of authority from parents to the state.  Not every human problem deserves a law.
Now there is a motto to govern by:
Not every human problem deserves a law.
When I say it is in the genes I am referring to the current Governor's father, Edmund G (Pat) Brown.  That seemed like a Golden Era.

Regards  —  Cliff

No comments: