The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Zwieback RIP

Zwieback is gone?  My Father is rolling over in his grave.

From the Al Dente blog:
For those who have been following my cheesecake saga, let me fill you in on the AWOL zwieback, the critical ingredient in the crust of a cheesecake my husband made a few weeks ago.  After multiple but fruitless searches for zwieback up and down cookie, cracker and baby food aisles in a variety of grocery and specialty stores, I contacted Kraft Foods to find out where I could purchase their zwieback toast.  I heard via email from a spokesperson there that the company no longer makes it.  Zwieback R.I.P.
Although, as I recall, my Father did try making his own some time back in the early 50s.

Regards  —  Cliff

PS:  Hat tip to Instapundit.

1 comment:

Craig H said...

One of my favorite memories of all my kids is each of them gnawing on zwieback crackers in the carseat. That's not one of my ex's favorite memories, given the aftermath, but maybe that's why it's such a favorite of mine...