The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Supermarket Carriages

For a while the Hannaford, on Rogers Street had both regular sized Grocery Carts (Carriages) and those which were about half as long.  The shorter, sports car models, were easier to maneuver in the store, but one day they were GONE.  My assumption was that someone came up with a safety (read insurance liability) issue.

Then, a fortnight ago I was down in Centreville, VA, at the Giant, and they had those kind of carts.  I liked it.  Not enough to move to Centreville, but enough to dream about what could be again up here in Lowell.

And behold, when I returned and went by the Hannaford on Rogers Street there were new "sports car" model push carts.  They whisked around in an easy manner.  The only issue was that the handle is, for me, about six inches too low.  I think I am going to have to see if I can create a short poll that will clamp on the handle and give me control.  Sort of like a steering wheel knob.

Regards  —  Cliff

1 comment:

Craig H said...

Yes, too low. I take it as a subtle sort of gender discrimination, observing the average height disparity between men and the target grocery store customer.