The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saying You Piece


For John, BLUFNot every cross word is a criminal threat.  Nothing to see here; just move along.

It isn't because I am Roman Catholic that I found this post at Pope Hat, but because I am interested in liberty and the law.

The blog title is "Twitter and True Threats".  The thrust is with regard to Twitter and threats the Secret Service are interested in, but the post might help clarify where we are with Lynne Lupien and her hyperbolic language.

From the Blog post:

In short:  true threats are criminal, but stupid violent rhetoric often is not criminal.
This adds to the blog post we have from Renee Aste, about idioms.

The Regina Fanticanti/Chris Scott Imbroglio notwithstanding, not every sharp word, even if violent rhetoric, is criminal.  And, a bit of historic reflection will tell us that political discourse is a lot milder than it was earlier in our history.

Regards  —  Cliff

  The blog post is a little gamey.  You have been warned.
  "Esq" deleted, but still, a law school grad and a one time lawyer, now a homemaker and blogger.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Delete the "Esq." I can't use it, because I have an inactive status.

Renee said...

I did pass the Bar, too! Sorry, but the edit sounds like I didn't.