The EU

Google says the EU requires a notice of cookie use (by Google) and says they have posted a notice. I don't see it. If cookies bother you, go elsewhere. If the EU bothers you, emigrate. If you live outside the EU, don't go there.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The American Dream

For John, BLUFAmericans, by and large, believe their future is in their own hands.

From the PEW Trust we have a global survey on attitudes toward whether or not hard work pays off.

Only the folks in Pakistan beat us on this survey, which is summarized above.  This 77% leaves 23% not having faith in their own ability to achieve their goals, but that 23% is smaller than the infamous 47%.  Governor Bobby Jindal has it right and Governor Mitt Romney had it wrong earlier this week.

If we’re going to continue to be a competitive party and win elections on the national stage and continue to fight for our conservative principles, we need two messages to get out loudly and clearly.  One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream, period.  No exceptions.
As long as we keep this American Dream alive we are going to do OK.  That is a good thing.

Regards  —  Cliff


Renee said...

I'm really surprised by the PEW poll. It just feels very stagnant. We have so many under-employed individuals just waiting for the opportunity, glad they can see the long term.

Renee said...

While Romney's statement was extremely unneeded, I did see the 'gifts' comments. Being that I view a lot of women's boards, the 'free contraception', especially the IUD 'at no cost' was a motivator to show up for Obama.

But also for others, I don't think they were motivated 'by gifts', a lot of Americans are thinking in short-term. If this is your first time relying on SNAP/Unemployment benefits due to the recession or maybe depended on your parent's health insurance for example, do you take the risk????

For many these 'gifts' stabilized their situation, it is really hard to think long term or think of them as gifts.

Jack Mitchell said...

Thanks for the stellar Christmas gift idea, Renee. I have two daughters of birthing age. Slap a ribbon on an IUD and I'll be the best Dad evah!

Renee said...

The best gift they have you! :)

IUDs may prevent pregnancy, but dads prevent jerks.

Renee said...

It is also very hypocritical, because isn't that what all political candidates offer the electorate. They offer us the best package deal.